Sonntag, 10. April 2016

Another Nettie and a Fail

DSC_0811

Shortly before Christmas I made another Nettie Dress. The Nettie is a really quick and easy pattern, but somehow I am able to even mess this up.

This time I made the high neckline. My plan was to wear it with some cute Christmas accessory, which I did and all was well. Until I washed it. Because, of course I forgot to prewash the fabric and it did shrink quite a bit. So now the dress is much to short to wear it on its own. Deserves me right!

But maybe it is not so bad. Because I could really need a simple black top. It would go well with my patterned skirts.

DSC_0817

I am not sure if I will make this neckline or even the Nettie again. I made a third one, which was also a fail (which had nothing to do with the pattern, but more on that coming soon). I am not totally sold on the fit, but am too lazy to make changes. I want to try some other patterns out. A Renfrew is already cut and waiting to be sewn.

DSC_0822

Oh and on another note, how cute is this necklace? As soon as I saw it on Instagram, I had to have it. It shows all eight planets of our solar system (poor Pluto), but in a subtle way. I love it!

DSC_0818

Top/Dress - self-made
Skirt - H&M
Tights - Ernstings Family
Necklace - Eclectic Eccentricity
Shoes - Deichmann

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen