Sonntag, 17. April 2016

Animalium by Katie Scott and Jenny Broom

DSC_0850

I have been sick since last Wednesday, so please excuse me for not taking outfit pictures. I am sure you would not want to see how sick I can look. The weather is also not behaving. It was rainy and cold the whole weekend.

DSC_0852

But the only good thing about being sick and stuck with a toddler is, that you have time to bring out some books. And because the little one is now a bit gentler with books we can also bring out non-board-book-books, hooray! I have to admit I really like a lot of board books, but normal children's books are so much more interesting (although surprisingly expansive here in Germany). So I rediscovered this gem of a book, Animalium (or in German Animal Museum).

DSC_0851

The book is about animals (surprise) and a bit about evolution. It is made like one of these old museums, where you would have all the displays with the animals and some text about them. The pictures are amazing. They really look old, despite being made specifically for the book. I love it! The pictures alone make this book worth the buy. And it is great for children of all ages. The small ones can look a the pictures and discover all the animals and the older ones can make use of all the scientific background given. And even adults will enjoy looking trough the book and discover new (or old) things.

There is also a book about history, one about evolution and an activity book in this series. You can bet these are all on my wish list.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen