Sonntag, 20. März 2016

Birthday outfit and a finished Myrna cardigan

DSC_0423

Fortunately I already made this fox dress two years ago (from New Look 6262) so I at least had not to sew something new (and not buy new fabric). But I somehow decided it was time to finish the cardigan I started almost two years ago for an Outfit Along (I made the dress on time, but obviously not the cardigan). I think it is funny that I now ended up wearing the cardigan with the dress it was thought for. And just for fun, here is my progress on Ravelry:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-16 um 11.06.48

Myrna was my first cardigan and my first clothing item in general (besides accessories like hats or scarves). It was a bit challenging but it was also fun to learn new stitches. Overall I would say it is a great beginners project. Because of the wool, the needle size and the short sleeves it is quick to knit (of course only if one actually knits and does not put it in a bag and forgets about it). I love the outcome. It looks so cute and is not screaming self-made at all. The wool I used was the recommended one Yowza by Miss Babs in Vlads. It was a dream to work with. I only needed one skein so it was not cheap but affordable. Overall I love my new cardigan and can't wait for the weather to get warmer so that I can wear it.

DSC_0429


Dress - self made (New Look 6262)
Cardigan - self made (Myrna by Untangling Knots)
Fox brooch - self made (Mollie Makes kit)
Earrings - Etsy
Fox Tattoo - Etsy (Tattoorary)
Head scarf - vintage
Shoes - JustFab

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen