Freitag, 10. Januar 2014

My new camera - Instax mini 8

DSC_3334


I made myself a present for christmas and bought a Fujifilm Instax mini 8 camera. It's a polaroid camera, which makes credit card sized instant pictures. I saw these at the internet and instantly fell in love. This is such a nice break-up from all the digital stuff.

First I wanted to buy the newest model from Fujifilm, the Instax mini 90, but it is very expensive (but looks really good, it has a great retro touch and more settings). Then I saw that the Instax mini 8 came also in yellow (I only saw black, white, pink and blue before) and for a good price, so I bought it.

Before anything else, I have to show you the cute packaging. This made really made me smile, when I opened the box.

DSC_3325DSC_3326

The camera itself has a really nice pastel yellow color and reminds me a lot of the 60s.Unfortunately it comes without a film (but with batteries). And I was unlucky, so that my camera came one day earlier than the films I ordered. The films are not cheap. One photo can cost up to 1 EUR/$. But because I will not use this a lot, it is okay for me. I see it more as a camera to take special pictures. You can get films cheaper at ebay.

Of course I had to make a bag for my camera, so that I can carry it in my handbag. There are some cute bags at ebay, but why should I buy one, when I can make my own. I had this cute Japanese fabric laying around and thought it would really match the camera.

DSC_3328

But I could not resist buying some equipment at ebay. I got this matching photo album to store my pictures and some stickers to decorate the frames. You can get films with already decorated frames (like pictures of Hello Kitty or Mickey Mouse), but these are really expensive.
Then I got a "macro" lens with a selfie mirror. I tried this out already and it is great. Totally worth the 5EUR. And I couldn't resist this cute bag. So I can carry the camera alone, when I don't want to take a lot of other stuff with me.

DSC_3330DSC_3323

And here is a picture I took with the Instax. I think the quality is really good. And it is like magic, when the photo appears after some minutes. I really love this camera.


DSC_3348

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen