Montag, 28. Mai 2012

Bento

DSC_1059


I recently discovered Bento Boxes again. And bought two new books and supplies.

DSC_1060


I already owned the Kawaii Bento Boxes Book. It has a lot of tips to make cute faces and so on. I think I would not make one of the recipes, but it´s nice to get some ideas. And it has also ideas to make a more western bento. Some complained that the recipes are not very healthy, but I think all in all it´s healthier than the stuff I could buy around my workplace.

DSC_1061


The Yum Yum Bento Box book is the same style as Kawaii Bento Boxes. There are a lot of animals, faces, cute things and so on. More aimed at kids bento. But I really like to look through the books just for fun.



DSC_1252


The Just Bento Cookbook is more aimed to adults. There are some really nice ideas and recipes for different lunches. The author also has a great blog with the same title. I think I will try some things from this book. And even if I make my own recipes the book provides ideas for packing the bento.

DSC_1253


And here are the supplies I bought. It´s all cute stuff. I already tested the sandwich cutters, but they did not work with my bread. Maybe I can soon test the others.

DSC_1062


And finally my first bento box I made for a long time. It were all leftovers of our dinner. And I have to say, the box with the rice looks tiny, but it was so much. Next time I have to fill only half of the box.

DSC_1265

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen