Montag, 16. April 2012

Floral Madness

DSC_0918

Ever since I saw a similar dress at another blog, I wanted to make one. Especially after I saw this fabric in the store. I simply love the back view. The pattern was not so easy to get. I hunted for hours for another one with such a back view, but it was nowhere to be found. Then I found this Simplicity pattern (4984) from the 60s and had to have it.

Maybe you remember this dress I made last year.

DSCN0954

It was such a huge fail. It did not fit me in the least. The only thing I liked was the back. Here it is on my puppet.

DSC_0698

I tried to fix it, but this was a catastrophe. I am so happy I had enough fabric left over to try my new 60s pattern and make a complete new skirt. The top I made out of the old dress. The sewing was easy. Only the pleats and the zipper were a bit difficult. Overall I am so satisfied with this dress and want to wear it more. If only the weather would be better.

rücken

I already finished and wear it to the bookfair in March, but did not take photos then. Fortunately I got some nice ones at our Easter weekend.

(The dress reminds me of some from Mad Men, hence the title)

1 Kommentar:

  1. That's a beautiful floral print - and the dress is just lovely. Love the sun back!

    AntwortenLöschen