Dienstag, 22. Juni 2010

Beignet pattern review

Pattern Description:

Pencil skirt with buttons in the front and waist band.

Pattern Sizing:

I made a size 4, normally too small for me, but it fits perfectly. I really recommend to decide by the measurements that are given at the back of the pattern.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes, it turned out exactly like the picture.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

The instructions were really easy to follow and they had helpful pictures. All pattern pieces went together smoothly. The sewing techniques were not really hard only time consuming.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I like the fit of the skirt and that the pattern is so versatile. The style of this piece is so retro.

Fabric Used:

Some mix fabric. It was not perfect for this pattern, but I was satisfied.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I lengthend the skirt, because I think the length given looks like you wear the skirt of your little sister. I changed the front line a bit, because it didn´t fit right. And I made no lining, because of lazyness.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I would so sew this again. I can imagine this skirt in many different colors and patterns. The work was easy, only a bit time consuming. This won´t be the last pattern I sew by this company.

Conclusion:


I love this pattern. It is a great retro style and a good addition to any wardrobe. Making this was very uncomplicated. You only need time. Great work Colette!

You can get the pattern here.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen