Donnerstag, 30. August 2012

Picking Flowers

DSC_1772


Because of our third anniversay I thought I make a dress my boyfriend would like. So because he liked the cover of Simplicity 1872 (because of the short skirt and the neckline) I decided on this one (I bought it mainly because of the sleeves to use with another pattern, but hey).

I then had the crazy idea to make it out of silk chiffon. So I decided on one I already had at home and ordered some more. This is the first dress I underlined and my first french seams. I am happy I underlined the top, because the chiffon was so hard to work with.

DSC_1773

I changed the pattern a bit and only made one skirt, no double layer. I used the upper skirt of view C, because the under layers are attached to a yoke.

The lining fabric is also silk. I cut up my old Rococo Dress for it (it hurt a bit, but really, I will never wear it again, because it doesn't fit me anymore and the fabric was not good enough for this project).

Sewing the top and the skirt lining was very easy. The pattern got together really well. I had some trouble with the chiffon skirt, because the hem was not even.

I added an elastic in the waist, because otherwise the dress looked like a sack and I was not sure a belt would be enough to make it look good. I even found a pink one that does not show through.

DSC_1776

All in all I am satisfied with this dress. Unfortunately it's not something I really like to wear. I feel a bit naked wearing it. So it's nothing for work. But I think I will wear it at the weekends or special occassions. At least my boyfriend liked it.

And sorry for the hair style. I had to curl my hair for the next day and had nothing to cover it.

Oh, and did you know Barbie had a Youtube Channel? The Life in the Dreamhouse episodes are really funny.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I like this dress a lot, but you're right, it's a bit revealing. Gorgeous fabric, though!

    AntwortenLöschen