Montag, 2. Januar 2012

Silvester Dress

DSC_0450

I had so many sewing plans for the time between christmas and new year but only got around to make one dress. It´s not entirely like I had planned it, but all in all I think it is quite cute.
I used the Colette Truffles pattern from the book. It was very easy to sew. The fit is as always with Colette patterns and my figure not perfect, but I didn´t have time to adjust the pattern. Maybe if I do it again (already have a plan for this).
The chiffon I had laying around here (I once made a skirt out of it, which does not fit anymore). But it was a pain to get a matching fabric at our local fabric store. I wanted a yellow cotton or subtle satin, but yellow was really hard to find at all. So I bought the gingham. Good thing is, I can wear it everyday, but I still think a solid color would have looked better. Maybe I can make a solid color version some day, I have still enough chiffon left over.
I wore the dress for Silvester. We stayed at home and played some games.

I hope you had a nice Silvester and will have a good start into 2012!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen