Montag, 15. August 2011

Small things

At the moment I have not so much time for sewing. I am really sad about this, because I have so many great plans, but after work there is so little time and at the weekends I am at my boyfriend´s home. I have a sewing machine there, but no hot iron and I can´t sew without this. I try to finish a skirt for three weeks now.
But at least I managed to make some small things.

SDC11739

First a birthday card for my boyfriend´s grandmother (the sewing one). She´s the one, who gives me all the great sewing stuff. I like her a lot. She is such a nice person and we have many things in common. I made the cake out of some scraps from my Lonsdale dress (which I wore at the birthday party, but I realized it only after the evening was over and we were on our way home). The candle is made of felt. The card and the paper are also things I had on hand. Recycling can be so sweet.

SDC11744

And then I made a little fascinator after Mena´s great tutorial. I made it out of felt. The words are hand stitched (I know I am not very good at this). It can be worn as a fascinator (with a clip) or a brooch.
I wore it to our second anniversary. My boyfriend bought some really expensive champagne. It was a very nice evening.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen