Montag, 23. April 2012

40s Starlet

DSC_0827

When I saw this pattern (Simplicity 9969) at Ebay I had to have it. Then came a bit of a delay, because the fabric I ordered arrived not for a whole month. I canceled this order and bought this colorful fabric (the original one was black with flowers). But I think I am happy it went this way, because with this color the dress is a great eyecatcher.

DSC_0840

Sewing this was very easy. I really love Simplicity patterns. Only one thing was not so nice described, but I figured it out. The pattern is not 100 percent historic correct, having a back zipper. But I can live with this. I wore this dress to Easter when we visited the Waldenburg Castle. It was so much fun to wear a dress like this in a real historic background (ok maybe the time is a bit off, but it could have worked, because the castle was used as a hospital after war). Don´t you think this fireplace is awesome?

1 Kommentar:

  1. Super cute - I love the asymmetrical details, complete with ruffles!

    AntwortenLöschen