Dienstag, 1. März 2016

My first Nettie

DSC_0006

Of course I had to hop on the bandwagon and make a Nettie. The pattern is really fast forward and was a quick make. Or it could have been, if my twin needle was not a total jerk and refused to work properly. So the seam finishes took as long as the rest of the sewing, especially the neck finish.

DSC_0009

I like the outcome, but it is not the most comfortable dress to wear. I made the wide neckline, which looks really cool (and reminds me of my ballet leotards), but it is a pain to wear, especially with a toddler to look after. I wore the dress for a birthday party and it was okay, but I don't see myself wearing this as an everyday dress.

But all in all, Nettie is a great pattern. I already made another version with a high neckline and a big fail version. Can't wait to share these with you!

Dress - self-made
Tights - local shop
Shoes - Tamaris
Earrings - self-made

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen